Do you want to give your old furniture a new home? If you’re updating the look of your house or business, moving across the country, or simply doing some decluttering, we can take unwanted, high quality items off your hands when you schedule a furniture donation pick up. Use our online form to lift with the click of a mouse—not your back!
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore sells new or gently used furniture that’s donated to us by generous people like you. In addition to providing household items at affordable prices, these sales help Habitat for Humanity fund the construction of homes for families with low-incomes . We offer high quality furniture that people want and can safely use in order to fund even more homes.
Make an impact in your community by donating furniture that meets the following criteria:
- Furniture must be in good condition without excessive scratches, rips, fading or stains and without parts that are missing, broken, rotting, splintered or otherwise damaged.
- Items must have a use in a home setting, such as recliners, matching dining sets, bed frames, coffee/side tables, patio furniture and bookcases. We aren’t able to take mattresses, sofa beds, entertainment centers or items listed on our donation criteria page.
- Office furniture donations are limited to items such as side tables, sofas, chairs and simple desks (not executive or L-shaped) that can be used in the home.
Schedule a Furniture Donation Pick Up
In Alameda, Contra Costa and Santa Clara counties, our drivers and volunteers will happily pick up your items at a scheduled time and date. Your furniture donation pick up is free of charge! If you’d like to help offset our transportation costs, our drivers will gladly accept monetary donations of any size.
Before filling out our online request form, here’s what you should know:
- We’ll need a photo of your furniture donation in advance to help make sure that your item meets our criteria. You’ll upload the image in our online form for our staff to review, and our drivers will reassess the donation at the time of pick up.
- We need 2-3 weeks notice to schedule a free donation pick up at your home or office. If you have a shorter timeline, consider dropping off your furniture at a nearby ReStore location.
- You don’t have to be there for your pick up, but the items must be easily accessible by truck outside of your home and on the ground for ease of moving.
- We can’t pick up unrelated items such as books and clothes that are better suited for donation to other charities.
Are you ready to donate?
Get started by requesting a furniture donation pick up on our website or by calling (800) SHOP-090.
Your donation is about to become someone’s exciting bargain or cherished treasure! Do you have a piece of furniture that you want to donate but aren’t sure if we can take it? Contact us today.